Longitude provides comprehensive out-of-the-box, agentless Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX monitoring.
Longitude proactively monitors key performance and availability metrics to ensure that your servers are running optimally and alerts you when there are problems.
Longitude also provides pre-configured, on-demand reports and graphs of key performance metrics to help you proactively take action and ensure maximum availability.
How does Longitude work?
- Automatically collects key performance and availability metrics from Windows and Unix/Linux servers
- Monitors for specific known problems (e.g. service or process crashes)
- Monitors Event Logs on Windows and Syslogs on Unix/Linux devices
- Alerts on performance and availability problems for server components
- Optionally takes corrective actions
- Generates comprehensive dashboards and reports to show server utilization and availability
What does Longitude monitor?
Longitude is an all-inclusive agentless monitoring solution that encompasses the entire technology stack: from physical to virtual, from network to server, and from IT infrastructure to Application. Commonly monitored components include:
- Windows & Linux/Unix
- Windows Event Log, Syslog, SNMP Trap Monitoring
- HP Systems Insight Manager, Dell OpenManage & IBM Director
What are the benefits of Server Monitoring?
- Reduce the time and resources needed for supporting servers and the underlying IT infrastructure
- Improve end-user experience
- Baseline behavior based on server function and identify servers that deviate from the norm
- Proactively troubleshoot server performance problems before they reach end-users